MAHL General GAME Rules:
CLOCK TIME/PERIOD LENGTH:
- Warm-ups will be 3 minutes in length for all games.
- Game length
- 3 x 15 minute, running-time periods, 50 minute games FOR MOST Leagues
- 3 x 17 minute, running-time periods, unless otherwise noted, for:
Canton Sunday (B) League - Ice House
Greater Merrimack Valley League - Edge, Forum, Hallenborg, Breakaway
Northern Mass League - Breakaway
South Shore League, - Hingham
Woburn First Responders B League - O’Brien
- Stopped Time
- The play clock will only stop in the last ten seconds of the first two periods if the faceoff is in an offensive zone.
- The play clock will also stop in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period if the game is within 2 goals
TIME-OUTS: One 30-second time-out is permitted per game.
OVERTIME: At the end of regulation if the game is tied there will be NO overtime. Each team will receive 1 point.
ICING: Blue-line icing will be enforced
- This means that icing is called when a player dumps the puck from behind their own blue line to below the other teams goal line without anyone touching it along the way.
FACE-OFF after penalty: after any minor or major penalty (non-coincidental) the ensuing face-off will be conducted in the defending zone of the offending team.
FACEOFFS: Face-offs are conducted at the 9 face-off dots (current USA Hockey Rule).
- If there is a six-goal spread entering the third period, then the third period can be set to Ten Minutes.
- The referee will ask both teams, starting with the team trailing in the score.
- If both teams agree the clock will be set to 10 minutes.
- NOTE: at the discretion of the referee, the clock can be set to 10 minutes without conferring with teams, if warranted by player(s) conduct.
*Referee has final say in all aspects of the game being played*
**League Director has final say in all aspects of the league**
www.mahockeyleague.com / firstname.lastname@example.org